IT’S A YAWNING FROGFISH
film about a group of men getting into shenanigans= “comedy”
film about a group of women getting into shenanigans= “chick flick”
film about a friendship between two men= “buddy flick”
film about a friendship between two women= “chick flick”
emotional film about father/son relationships= “drama”
emotional film about mother/daughter relationships= “chick flick”
film about a young man finding identity= “coming of age”
film about a young woman finding identity= “chick flick”
I was writing a post about yawning for my science blog
Then I suddenly found myself on google images just continually searching for yawning baby animals
and now I can’t stop yawning and awwing at the same time
seriously look at this
- Korra: Ya know it would be horrible if I didn't want to be the Avata-
- Creators: It's OK, you do.
- Korra: I mean, what if my parents didn't underst-
- Creators: They do.
- Korra: Still I mean, being a woman I'm bound to face-
- Creators: No one cares really.
- Korra: Gee I don't think Tenzin wants me here in republ-
- Creators: Sure he does!
- Korra: You know, it sure would be nice if I had some supporting charact-
- Creators: Fine.
- Korra: Wow, Tarrlok huh? A supporting villain, too bad it's going to take a long time to-
- Creators: Nope you'll pretty much wrap it up in 2 episodes.
- Korra: Wow it would be horrible if I had a hard time getting in touch with my past liv-
- Creators: 2... Episodes...
- Korra: Yikes, I don't think I can airben-
- Creators: Sure you can!
- Korra: Too bad the cute guy doesn't like m-
- Creators: Guess what!? He does!
- Korra: You know what would be convenient? If, without any effort at all I just instantly manifested the Avatar state. I mean wouldn't that be cra-
- Creators: Fuck it, why not? Here ya go.
- Korra: Still I imagine it will take a great journey to heal the damage done by-
- Creators: Nah, just give them back their bending... Go ahead try it!
- Korra: Well that battles won, still it's probably going to take a long time to get rid of Amo-
- Creators: Actually you guys don't have to do a thing except get captured, his bro handles it.
oh the official Doctor Who tumblr might’ve reblogged a post from my science blog
NO BIG DEAL GUYS
NO BIG DEAL
Hahahaha ever since Saturday the Korra finale seems to make me angrier and angrier. As a storyteller and as a fan of solid storytelling, it is an atrocious mess! I stand by the creators are amazing directors, amazing concept artists, amazing producers, but wow are they terrible writers. They have absolutely no understanding of dramatic convention, and so the first season of The Legend of Korra suffered greatly from terrible execution, and the core ideas were so good it should’ve been a gamechanger. It should’ve been the most brilliant thing on television and instead we were given a 12-week narrative case of blue balls.
Disclaimer: if you enjoyed/love/fanatic about Korra, by all means continue to do so! I enjoyed a lot about Korra. In fact that is why I am so frustrated. But that aside, this is meant as a critique and a dissection and as such you can take it or you can leave it. Nothing I have to say will change the show, nor will anything I have to say will have any effect on what season 2 will bring. Mostly I have been ranting about it to everyone on a daily basis since Saturday and this is my way to finally just. get. it. all. out. So this is me shouting into the ether for my own cathartic glee.