What if sleeping beauty became a knight instead?
A mini project I’ve been thinking about for awhile. You can find a backstory comic [here].
nnooo you can’t have bicycle for your birthday, bicycle DOES NOT EXIST. you get homocycle or heterocycle.
15 amazing things in nature you won’t believe actually exist
these are a few of my favorite things
MY OPINION ON THINGS CHANGE FREQUENTLY AS I LEARN MORE STUFF ABOUT THE THING PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR SOMETHING I SAID THREE YEARS AGO
You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this gif set.
writin’ important scholarship essay
lookin’ up overseas internships for science journalism
gettin’ positive about the FUTURE
i cant believe all dads were born today wow science is amazing
aand something little different this time
There’s something about this fabric that makes me feel like a Queen.
yes, queen is the word i would use
“I get everything all lined up in a row, and all the little climaxes have happened, and now there’s this huge juggernaut of plot teetering on the edge and all I have to do is stand aside and let it drop. And it goes barreling down on the characters, and there’s the earthquake, and the forest fire, and the war, and the ground opens up, and the palace collapses inside, and the rats reign supreme over all!”
— Tamora Pierce on her writing process (x)
Mermaids Love Books seriesby selenographics
that said here are some of the things i love about ya lit
- it provides safe spaces for the validation of emotions often dismissed because of the category of people expressing them
- like oh whatever she’s just an angsty teenager
- i mean fuck you
- it has a lot to work on w/r/t diversity but it’s also a) significantly more genuinely inclusive and progressive than adult lit and b) literally the only genre aside from romance that’s dominated by books about and for girls
- the fantasies of teenage girls who want to have it all are way more ground-breaking and important than the fantasies of middle aged white men who already do
- it explicitly rejects and reconstructs the oppressive adult ~real world that we are taught to view as normal and inevitable
- it’s allowed to be hopeful and earnest where adult lit feels obliged towards boring cynicism
- you will almost never read a ya book with the theme hrm hrmm i guess it’s all useless what can we do but grow cruel and die